Thursday, July 17, 2008

The End As We Know It

Sorry there haven't been new posts lately. I have been busy trying to get us ready for vacation. I feel like I need a vacation just from packing! Thankfully, it's my week off at our babysitting club so I'm hoping I can get plenty done in three hours! I still need to finish packing all the "stuff"(the clothes were the easy part), cleaning the house (who wants to come home to a dirty house and sheets?), and grocery shopping. My sister Beth and I are riding up together so we can check in for the race and Rick and the girls are driving up in our car. Our dear friends Blake and Stacy have graciously allowed us to use their portable DVD player and I have been busy buying little things here and there to surprise the girls to use on their way up. So between their "vacation bag" and the DVD player we should be good to go! The race starts @ 8:45 and then the festival is all day. We can't check into our house until 3 so we will be busy at the festival until then. My whole family will be there for the race, as long as Savannah doesn't make an early entrance :), and will be staying with us at the house for varying time frames! It should be a blast, a last hurrah of sorts. The end of my 20's (a week early), the end of our family as 11 (I CAN"T wait to be an AUNT!!), and the end of this time in our lives as our family looks forward to many new beginnings. I should have plenty of pictures to show off when we get back! Please pray for our safe travel and that Savannah will happily wait for her aunts vacation before she joins us! (My sister and her husband said I can be in the delivery room with them and my mom, and I am over the moon about that!) Talk to everyone when we get back!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I hope you have a wonderful time! End of the "20s." Ugh. It's not so bad being 30 until someone reminds me that I am. :) Happy Birthday! Let's chat when you get back.

July 18, 2008 at 1:37 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Welcome to the club sister! I think you'll find that you won't even want to turn back the clock once you take the leap!
Happy Birthday!!

July 29, 2008 at 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home