Sunday, July 27, 2008

Home Again, Home Again...

Well, we are home and I am more convinced than ever that coming home is one of my favorite parts of vacation! I love planning for vacation, I love being on vacation, but there is something very serene about coming home to my own things... especially my own bed! We had a GREAT time in Michigan. The race went very well, we finished in 52:47! Our goal was just to finish (and not be last), but our loaftier goal was to come in under an hour and we did it! It was so much fun to see our family there cheering for us at the finish line. I am so glad I had this experience and can cross it off of my "to do" list. Saugatuck is an interesting place! The downtown was neat, all the shops and everything. Thankfully it didn't yield any conversations with Madalyn that I am not ready to have yet. You see, Saugatauk is a mecca for gay people. I was so nervous that Madalyn would see some PDA that she is not used to seeing and LOUDLY comment on it. I would have replied (I thought of an okay response just in case), that God made everyone different and that those two people love each other and show it by kissing. Then I was going to change the subject as quickly as possible, but nothing like that happened! But we painted pottery, my sisters and I made mosaics, we went blueberry picking, we went to the beach, we went into Holland and I bought a wooden bowl, and we went to the most amazing farmers market I have ever been to. Michigan's prices are WAY better for almost everything, especially gas. It was only 3.88 when we left, compared to 415 here and that went down almost 25 cents since we got back!! If the winters weren't so awful and my family weren't so far away, I'd move there! Anyway, I'll have some pictures up in the next few days, we got some great ones!! I can't wait to show them off! Hope everyone is well.

*******Oh, and Savannah cooperated nicely and has not made an appearance yet. Good for me, miserable for Marie!! Soon though!!*******

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home